Contributed by Mary, Plot no 57
This is the method I have been given, but I have not tried this myself:
- Put your sweet potato sitting in a jar of water. Half of the potato in water and half out of water.
- This water should be changed every 2nd day.
- Keep in a warm and dark place or in a dark place with bottom heat.
- Roots should develop first, then shoots (with any luck)
- Bring into the light once the shoots appear.
- When shoots are 1 ft. long, detach very carefully from potato, put in water to grow roots.
- Then plant out into a poly tunnel or warm area as they are a tropical plant.