Last year I made some delicious raspberry jam and was amazed by how easy it was. Raspberries do not need pectin to set as they have natural pectin in the seeds.
An equal amount of granulated sugar to raspberries is all you need for ingredients.
- 4 cups (1 liter) granulated sugar
- 4 cups (1 liter) raspberries
- Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
- Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
4. Ladle into sterilized jars